Meet the Team
Our team offers a deep knowledge of intellectual property law and a unique “corporate” perspective in providing counsel to clients. In addition to traditional law firm experience, our team includes a significant number of attorneys who have practiced law within corporations such as AT&T, Intel, Microsoft, and HP. Our attorneys/agents are committed to serving our clients with tailored legal counsel with a high degree of integrity. Click on a name for more information and a vcard.
Paul’s practice focuses on patent related matters including patent application preparation and prosecution as well as analysis and litigation support. Paul has particular expertise in patent matters relating to computer hardware and software, Internet, semiconductor, communications and general electronics related technologies electronics. As a former Assistant Director in Intel Corp.’s Patent Practice Group, Paul can also assist emerging technology companies with developing a patent strategy, establishing an in-house patent filing program and managing a growing portfolio of patent assets.
– Berkeley Law and Technology Group, LLP, September 2004 to present
– Intel Corporation, Patent Practice Group, Assistant Director, July 2000 to September 2004
– Pillsbury Winthrop LLP, Los Angeles, CA, Senior Attorney, October 1997 to July 2000
– Loeb & Loeb LLP (including former partners of Spensley Horn Jubas & Lubitz), Los Angeles, CA, Associate, September 1994 to October 1997
– J.D., Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, CA (1994)
– M.S., Electrical Engineering, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA (1987)
– B.S., Industrial Engineering and Operations Research, University of California, Berkeley, CA (1984)
Admitted to Practice:
– California, 1994
– Registered to Practice Before the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office, 1994
Ted’s practice focuses on intellectual property (IP) transactions, licensing, patent analysis, trademarks and IP strategies. Ted has extensive experience in developing IP strategies that are based on the unique needs of clients and can counsel clients in the many options available to maximize the value of their intellectual property assets.
Ted’s practice also concentrates on trademark preparation, prosecution and management on an international basis. Ted understands the Federal trademark registration process and assists clients with assessing and developing their trademark plan and registration decisions as well as how to effectively use trademarks in their business. Ted is an experienced Portland Trademark Attorney supporting trademark clients from around the world. His clients range from individuals to fortune 500 companies. He represents clients that have trademarks related to websites, online sales and services, mobile apps, hardware and software products, medical devices, restaurants, microbreweries, wineries, and various other products and services.
Ted has experience with licensing patents, trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets and technology. He also has extensive experience developing offensive and defensive patent strategies and understands how to analyze markets, technologies and intellectual property in the context of licensing, litigation, patent acquisitions and patents sales. Ted has experience in drafting and negotiating complex patent license transactions and other intellectual property agreements on an international basis. His experience includes royalty based transactions, among other value-based transactions.
Ted’s particular expertise in licensing has related to technology hardware and software, internet, semiconductors, software, medical devices, and general electronics related technologies. As a former Licensing Attorney and Licensing Manager in Intel Corporation’s Patents and Licensing Group, Ted can assist with all phases of the transaction from developing an intellectual property strategy, to providing services in structuring, drafting and negotiating the transaction. Ted’s background positions him well for providing clients with a broad range of support related to their intellectual property strategy.
– Partner of Berkeley Law and Technology Group, LLP, 2006 to present
– Intel Corporation, Attorney, Patents Group, 2001 to 2006
– Jacobs Engineering Group, Inc., Sacramento, CA, Operations Manager, 1993 to 2001
– J.D., University of the Pacific, McGeorge Law School, Sacramento, CA (2000)
– Editor in Chief of the McGeorge Transnational Lawyer Law Review
– MBA, Washington State University, Pullman, WA (1994)
– B.S., Financial Management; Minor, Industrial Engineering, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR (1990)
– American Bar Association
Member, Multnomah Bar Association
Oleg K. Salakhov
Bars Admitted: Oregon, U.S. District Court, USPTO
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | DOWNLOAD VCARD
Oleg maintains a diverse practice acquiring U.S. and international Intellectual Property rights and assisting clients with IP- related litigation, negotiation, and licensing. Oleg’s practice includes patent application preparation and prosecution in areas relating to electronics, software, Internet, and communications, as well as in electrical and electro-mechanical arts. In his practice, Oleg combines his engineering expertise with his strong legal writing skills.
Oleg’s engineering background includes designing, building, operating, maintaining, and repairing the full range of systems found on modern commercial vessels. Oleg’s education and practical experience involves state-of-the art electronics, communication, electro-mechanical and nuclear propulsion systems, and power generators, as well as heating, cooling, refrigeration, and ventilation systems. His expertise is proving invaluable to clients seeking IP rights in just about any related technical subject matter.
– Berkeley Law and Technology Group, LLP, 2009 to present
– Kolisch Hartwell, P.C., Associate, 2007 – 2009
– J.D., summa cum laude, Seattle University School of Law, Seattle, Washington, 2007
– Student Graduation Speaker, Class of 2007
– Dean’s List, 2004 – 2006
– Year-End Achievement Scholarship Awards, 2004 – 2007
– Best Brief, Motion In Support of TRO, Remedies, 2006
– Cheney/Metzger Legal Writing Scholarship Finalist, 2005
– Recipient of eight Center for Computer-Assisted Legal Education (CALI)
– Excellence Awards, including for Legal Writing, Intellectual Property, and IP Audits.
– B.S. and M.S., Marine Engineering Systems, State Maritime Academy, St. Petersburg, Russia, 1993
– Advanced Study for B.S., M.E., State Forestry Engineering Academy, St. Petersburg, Russia, 1987
Admitted to Practice:
– Oregon State Bar
– U.S. District Court, District of Oregon
– U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Professional Licenses and Associations:
– American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
– Oregon State Bar: Intellectual Property, Litigation, International, and Computer and Internet Law sections
– Third-Class Marine Engineer License
Bars Admitted: Oregon, California, USPTO
Email: email@example.com | DOWNLOAD VCARD
Calvin’s practice focuses on patent law. His patent practice includes patent preparation and prosecution, as well as analysis. His area of technical expertise lies in the electrical and computer arts, with particularly extensive experience in chipset and graphics/video matters, with additional experience in other areas including microprocessor architecture, semiconductor device fabrication, software, and electronic device interconnect and data signaling technologies.
– Berkeley Law and Technology Group, LLP, 2004 to present
– Patent Attorney, Intel Corporation, 1999-2004
patent preparation and prosecution
portfolio management and development
litigation and licensing related patent analysis
– Patent Agent/Patent Engineer, Intel Corporation, 1995-1999
patent preparation and prosecution
– Electrical Engineer, Intel Corporation, 1992-1995
product definition, architecture, motherboard design
– J.D., Santa Clara University School of Law (1999)
– B.S., Electrical Engineering, Brigham Young University(1992)
Admitted to Practice:
– California, 1999
– Registered to Practice Before the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office, 1998
Senior Patent Attorney
Bars Admitted: California, USPTO
U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
U.S. District Court for Southern District of California
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | DOWNLOAD VCARD
Mark Kendrick practices intellectual property law and specifically patent prosecution. He handles all aspects of patent, copyright, trademark and trade secret law, with an emphasis on computer-related technologies, including hardware, software, peripherals, wireless communication, network communications, robotic devices, online gaming and medical devices.
Mr. Kendrick has prepared patent clearance and patent non-infringement opinions involving a wide range of technology areas such as mobile computing devices, imaging devices, optical drive devices, memory card reader devices, 3-D medical imaging systems, medical devices, Internet routers and switches, networking technologies (LAN, WLAN, PAN), and web-based digital encryption systems.
Mr. Kendrick’s patent prosecution and client counseling experience likewise involves a variety of technology subject matters, in such areas as: computer hardware including digital printing systems, online instruction systems, digital archiving systems, solar power management systems, network switches, Internet routers, intelligent management controllers, parallel-to-serial converters, optical drive systems, semiconductor devices, wireless navigation systems, signal equalization systems, diskless computer systems, and laptop computers; computer software, including image processing, network protocols, Internet routing protocols, disk drive protocols, media translation programs, database sorting algorithms, web-based digital encryption systems, PC digital encryption systems, operating systems, BIOS software, and authentication, authorization and administration software, and various electrical devices.
Mr. Kendrick has advised clients on the maintenance, enforcement and defense of intellectual property and technology. He has also provided clients assistance with IP transactional matters including licensing, mergers and acquisitions and other IP contractual matters.
Mr. Kendrick assists in representing clients in patent and other intellectual property litigation. Mr. Kendrick’s responsibilities included, preparing and submitting pleadings; interfacing with experts in preparation of expert reports; preparing for and taking/defending depositions, managing discovery and document review and production, analyzing infringement claims and theories; evaluating client’s accused products and/or services; evaluating potential prior art references; participating in settlement negotiations and representing client’s interests within joint defense groups.
– Intellectual Property
– Patent Prosecution
– Intellectual Property Due Diligence
– Intellectual Property Litigation
– Post-Grant Proceedings
– J.D., Northwestern University School of Law, 2001, Dean’s List (Fall 1999 and Spring 2000)
– M.B.A., Loyola Marymount University, 1992
– B.S., Computer and Electrical Engineering, Purdue University, 1985
Intent to Lose? Be Wary of Pitfalls Involving Intent-to-Use Trademark Applications., Authors: Bobby Ghajar, Mark R. Kendrick, Carolyn S. Toto, 5/22/2014
What You Should Know About Electronic Subscriptions and Copyright Law: A Best Practices Guide, Authors: Carolyn S. Toto, Mark R. Kendrick, 8/19/2013
Angel Herrera, Jr.Attorney
Bars Admitted: US Patent and Trademark Office, Texas, New York
Email: email@example.com | DOWNLOAD VCARD
Angel Herrera Jr. has extensive experience managing intellectual property portfolios and advising clients regarding product protection and development. He advises clients regarding risk reduction and cost-effective trademark and patent prosecution. He provides opinions regarding product clearance and conducts litigation support, including management of electronic discovery. He has particular experience with trademark preparation and management, the drafting and prosecution of patents in the chemical arts, and trade secret protection.
Prior to becoming an attorney, Mr. Herrera worked as a chemical engineer with a number of engineering companies in San Antonio, Texas, where he developed broad experience in process analysis, chemical substitution, pollution prevention, and environmental compliance.
– Berkeley Law & Technology Group – August 2021 to Present
– Abel Schillinger LLP – November 2010 to August 2021
– Prescott Legal – December 2008 to November 2010
– Daffer McDaniel, LLP – August 2004 to November 2008
– Bryan Cave, LLP – September 2000 to February 2003
– Master of Intellectual Property, Univ. of New Hampshire Franklin Pierce School of Law (2000)
– J.D., Univ. of New Hampshire Franklin Pierce School of Law (2000)
– B.S., Texas A&M University (1992)
Michelle is a U.S. Registered Patent Agent with technical experience that includes computer hardware and software coding, reconfigurable computing applications, digital signal processing, autonomous robotics, and microcontroller applications. Michelle’s practice focuses on patent preparation and prosecution in the areas of wireless communications, mobile computing technologies, embedded computing systems, computer architectures, computer software, websites, defense/aerospace systems, autonomous vehicle technology, blockchain applications, and television and media content delivery systems. Michelle has also assisted litigation support activities, infringement analysis and claim charting, and patent portfolio mining.
– Berkeley Law and Technology Group, LLP, Registered Patent Agent, August 2019 to present
– Lorenz & Kopf, LLP, Registered Patent Agent, June 2012 to March 2019
– Gazdzinski & Associates, PC, Registered Patent Agent, April 2011 to June 2012
B.S., Electrical Engineering with emphasis on Computer Design, University of North Florida (2009)
Admitted to Practice:
U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (2011)
Yoriko is a U.S. Registered Patent Agent with over 20 years of experience in the innovation cycle. Yoriko’s practice focuses on providing business leaders with peace of mind, ensuring that their company’s patent strategy is fully supporting its corporate growth plans. Yoriko combines her business, technology and legal perspectives in creating an actionable and comprehensive intellectual property strategy. She holds a Ph.D in Electrical Engineering and an Executive MBA from the University of Colorado, and is fully bilingual in English and Japanese.
– Berkeley Law & Technology Group, LLP, Registered Patent Agent
– Patents Integrated / Soumei Consulting Inc., Founder
– Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, University of Colorado
– Executive MBA, University of Colorado
– Lawrence University, B.A., Physics
Admitted to Practice:
– U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
– Certified Licensing Professional
Kristi joined the firm in 2004. Kristi is a Senior Legal Assistant and Office Coordinator. Kristi has extensive experience with domestic and foreign patent prosecution, portfolio management, and maintaining intellectual property docketing systems. Kristi also has experience with domestic and foreign trademark prosecution.
– Berkeley Law and Technology Group LLP, 2004-present
– Office Manager, LNS Court Reporting and Captioning, Portland, OR 2000-2003
– Office Manager, Happy Talk Ceramics, Portland, OR 1996-2000
Community Activities and Interests:
– Volunteer, Special Olympics
– Volunteer, Girl Scouts
More About Elizabeth
Elizabeth joined the firm in 2020 and has been a certified paralegal since 2014. Her experience lies in patent preparation and prosecution as well as trademark registration. She earned her paralegal certificate from the University of Texas at Austin and holds a B.A. in English from Rhodes College, from which she graduated Phi Beta Kappa.
– Patent Resources Group, D.C.: Trademark Fundamentals Certificate, 2018; Patent Administration Certificate, 2017
– University of Texas at Austin, Paralegal Certificate, June 2014
– Rhodes College, Memphis, TN; B.A. English; Spanish minor
– Achievements: Phi Beta Kappa, Sigma Tau Delta, Iota Iota Iota
– Berkeley Law & Technology Group, Austin, TX
– Abel Schillinger, LLP, Austin, TX
– Richards Rodriguez & Skeith, LLP, Austin, TX
B.S. General Business, Portland State University
– Accounting Assistant, Obvius Holdings, LLC
– Accounting Assistant, Landye Bennett Blumstein LLP
– Accounts Manager, Hanna Strader, P.C.